Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Art of Tattoos

Sorry guys, I know I said I would post your tattoo pictures awhile ago. I've just got really behind and I've had so many great things to post about lately! But I have really enjoyed looking at your tattoos and reading about them. I hope everyone enjoys them as much as I do!

from Samantha of The River is Everywhere

This is my favorite tattoo of mine, its small and simple but it means a lot. It reads "Alis Volat Propris" a latin phrase meaning "She Flies With Her Own Wings". I got it as a teen- reminding myself of my independence after an abusive relationship. years later, it just reminds me that I can do anything myself!




from Micki of The Secret Hermit

I have lots and lots of tattoos but I'm going to show you this one which is all the way around my right leg, it took lots of sittings, 4 hours at a time and was done my my wonderful (but sadly departed as of last year) tattooist friend Tony, it is very special to me indeed :)




from Christina of Honest to Christina

This tattoo, although  not complete {the color needs to be finished in the trunk of the tree} is very symbolic to me. Not only does the tree of life represent deep roots in family, community and the earth but it also has a frog at the base of the tree for my grandmother who recently passed. She was the roots of our tightly knit family and inspired me on so many levels. The bird flying away from the tree represents all that she did that allowed me to fly through my own life. She was a feminist ahead of her time and a wonderful influence on our whole family!








from Roberta of Lady Bastard - Harajuku

the GOONIES NEVER SAY DIE tattoo is a tribute to my favourite movie of all the time! This year is their 25th anniversary , that's why I did it in 2010!

My left arm is a tattoo about my love for kawaii stuffs. I really love mangas, art and illustration inspired by japan!
That's why I tattooed my half left arm! (I think I will finish it all soon).
My chest piece is dedicated to two members of my family who passed away... I was really close to them and they are always in my thoughts.





And finally....


This is one of my tattoos. It is on my right shoulder. The tattoo itself doesn't have a whole lot of meaning to me - I just really like the artwork. However, I did get this one at a "Toys for Tats" promotion. The tattoo only cost me a new toy that would go to children in need during the holidays. And I thought that was really cool.


I'm open to doing more of these posts if you guys have more tattoos you want to share with me. Just email me at anne.pilon@gmail.com with a photo, short description and link to your blog or website (if you want me to link to you).

6 comments :

  1. Great post, thank you for featuring my leg ;)

    Micki x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first one. I am sort of obsessed with text based tattoos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came to see Micki's leg. :)

    All of these tats are amazing! I couldn't resist writing down "Alis Volat Propris" and it's meaning in my journal.

    YAY for The Goonies!!

    ~magick~
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them all....very stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite is your foot tattoo!

    Just Better Together
    come check out the XL Pet Pillow Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch! That first tat is misspelled. Should be "alis volat propriis"

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...