Thursday, August 12, 2010

4 Simple Goals

I was really inspired by this post on A Beautiful Mess, where Elsie challenged her readers to make a really simple goal list for the remainder of this year. I love goals and I love challenges, so I obviously jumped at the opportunity. Here goes...



1. More Yoga. I used to really enjoy yoga in college, and ever since I graduated I have been neglecting it in favor of other exercises. I have enjoyed pilates, 5 mile walks, and the brief consideration of trying the Insanity workout, but Yoga is so much more than a work out. I felt really content and relaxed when I took it, so I'm going to bring it back.

2. Read, read, read. I love books, but I'm a fairly slow reader, so I can sometimes get discouraged by how long it takes me to read a book. I have soooooo many books on my list right now, and I'm always adding to it, so it's time to take it a little more seriously.

3. Learn new talents. I'm a big believer in lifelong learning, and I there are so many things I'd like to learn how to do - play the piano, speak another language, cook. This will all take time, of course, but you have to start somewhere!

4. Take more pictures. I know this one is also on Elsie's list, but it's something I've been meaning to work on for quite awhile now. There are so many things that I encounter on a daily basis that I wish I could share with all of you, but I don't have photos. I'm going to start changing that now.


So that's my list. I'll blog about each of these once I achieve them. If you're interested in participating, you should take a look at Elsie's post and come up with some goals of your own!

4 comments :

  1. i need to lay out my goals too but i can't until september. august is consumed with my job. :(
    smiles,
    gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are amazing goals. I'm sure you can do it!

    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I love your blog! I've just subscribed to it. It's amazing because you've got the funkiest, most inspiring stuff!

    J.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...