Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Vintage Treasures, Part 1

A few weeks ago, my parents decided to dig up some of the forgotten goodies from their basement. My grandparents used to live in this house, and they were pretty hip back in the day, so I was pretty confident that they'd find some neat things.

And I was right! This is just a preview of SOME of the things we found. Some hold more sentimental value than anything, and some are just plain awesome. Momma bear and poppa bear were kind enough to let me obtain ownership of a few things to sell in my soon-to-open vintage shop. Here are just a few of the things to come.


I'm still debating about selling this. I think it's so cool and I'd love to find a use for it. But I'm just not sure if it's practical for me to keep it, and I'm trying to stop being such a pack rat. We'll see...




This is an old manicure supply box that belonged to my great-grandma. She had some nail clippers and other stuff still in there (it is no longer there - no worries) but I just thought it would make a really cute box for sewing notions or jewelry.




I love me some kitchen kitsch. We actually found a few of these circus-colored tea towels with little embroidered animals. These elephants were my favorite, but there are also some bunnies!




I'm already a fan of vintage cameras. I found a few of them earlier this year - including an old polaroid and a video camera, but I talked my parents into keeping those. This little do-dad will be hitting the internet soon though :)


Well, I hope you enjoyed that little tour through my basement. Do you have any hidden treasures or fun family heirlooms hidden in your home?

5 comments :

  1. Ahh that's amazing!

    I don't have any treasures in any of my homes here in Canada, we moved a few times and our place is tiny.

    ..but my grandparents who live in Poland have the greatest treasures in the attic! I would sneak in there for hours, looking through all the boxes. My favourites would be the flirty letters I found written between my mom and my dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out my blog and brag about it 2 ur friends ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! That Barbie case is just too amazing. We don't have ANYTHING to be found, unfortunately. But the case...I think I would weep with joy if I found one. Haha.
    -Andi x
    PS Thanks for following my blog! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even imagine the amazing things I would find going through my grandmother's basement. Love the towel with the elephants.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...