Tuesday, June 8, 2010

5-Minute DIY Project: Felt Envelope

Okay, I'm SO excited because today I'm starting a brand new feature on this blog - a 5-minute DIY Project. If you haven't noticed, I'm re-doing the regular features. I've got a few lined up already, but I'm still getting my ideas in order (sometimes I can be a little unorganized). So this feature is going to take the place of the Tuesday Tutorial. It's going to be fairly similar, but my steps are going to be a whole lot less involved.

The purpose of the 5-minute DIY Project is more to plant creative ideas in your head, rather than to actually show you how to do something (though I'll do that too). The projects are just going to be so simple, that explanation is almost unnecessary.

So today we're kicking off this new feature with a felt envelope project. Mine is fairly small, but you can make one that is regular envelope-sized or even larger. What do you do with a felt envelope? Here are some ideas:

  • Store photos and other 2D memorabilia
  • Display it on your bulletin board
  • Use it as part of a super-secret, slightly more involved DIY project, the details of which will be disclosed in a later blog post (hint, hint)

So how do you make it?
  • Cut felt into a 2"x3" rectangle (or to scale)
  • Cut off two of the corners
  • Fold into thirds
  • Glue in place
  • Use a small felt circle of a different color as the seal

Pretty simple, huh? And I promise to share my other project (the super-secret one) tomorrow, because I know every one hates (or loves to hate) a cliffhanger. 

Aaaaand don't forget to enter my June Giveaway! It ends in just a couple of days.

3 comments :

  1. So simple and so cute! I think I'll make some of these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how cute! That'd make a really cute wallet if you put an extra divider on in the inside :] I think I might do that ;)

    Love and Turtledoves,
    Jaco

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really darling and I am already thinking of all of the color palettes you could use!

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...