The purpose of the 5-minute DIY Project is more to plant creative ideas in your head, rather than to actually show you how to do something (though I'll do that too). The projects are just going to be so simple, that explanation is almost unnecessary.
So today we're kicking off this new feature with a felt envelope project. Mine is fairly small, but you can make one that is regular envelope-sized or even larger. What do you do with a felt envelope? Here are some ideas:
- Store photos and other 2D memorabilia
- Display it on your bulletin board
- Use it as part of a super-secret, slightly more involved DIY project, the details of which will be disclosed in a later blog post (hint, hint)
So how do you make it?
- Cut felt into a 2"x3" rectangle (or to scale)
- Cut off two of the corners
- Fold into thirds
- Glue in place
- Use a small felt circle of a different color as the seal
Pretty simple, huh? And I promise to share my other project (the super-secret one) tomorrow, because I know every one hates (or loves to hate) a cliffhanger.
Aaaaand don't forget to enter my June Giveaway! It ends in just a couple of days.