Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sex and the City Style

I'm almost kind of ashamed to admit that I haven't seen the new Sex and the City movie yet. I'm a huge fan of the series and the first movie, but I really just haven't had the time yet. BUT, I did have the time to create some collections based on the girls' looks. Here goes...

Carrie


This lady does wear some crazy getups sometimes, but she definitely knows her style. She's big on accessories and unexpected pairings. I really like this photo of her because it's sort of toned down but she still stands out in a big way.




Samantha


Oh Samantha, you're so brave and confident. This girl would wear a strapless dress outside in the middle of January. She's also got some crazy glam accessories to dress it up, so she can make sure she's the first thing a new guy sees when he enters the room.


V-neck bandage dress, $975
Valentino Tailored leather jacket, $1,449
Dorepi 100 ponyskin pumps, $895
Slim Monogram, $1,240
Vintage Chanel 1980's Gold Tone Quilted Signature Interlocking 'CC'..., $592
Desiree faux-leather cuff, $350
Karen Walker Eyewear 'Helter Skelter' - Vintage, 149 GBP




Miranda




This lady has a unique way of mixing quirky style with business attire. Her bright red hair makes bright colors stand out even more.












Charlotte 




We all know Charlotte dresses conservatively. Blazers and high neckline's are this girl's best friend. But she still seems to always look fantastic and stylish.




Nicole dress, $1,405
Christian Dior Button jacket with bow neck, 1,300 GBP
Witchery, Casual Wear and Flats, Rose Twist Ballet, 150 AUD
8.5-9.0mm Hanadama Akoya White Pearl Necklace: Jewelry, $3,499
MONTSE ESTEVE Ring, 1.550 EUR
Tacori Fine Jewelry - The 18K925 Collection




Out of all these ladies, I think I'm a mix between Carrie and Miranda. Which of the SATC crew do you think you dress most like?

10 comments :

  1. I love this. I love these girls with their fashion and unique taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray! such fun! I will forgive you that you haven't seen the movie yet since you took some time to make a few polyvores in honor of these lovely ladies! but in all seriousness, get to the movie as in yesterday!! :)

    are you in ohio? If so, I will be in ohio, columbus to be exact in mid june. if you have yet to see it then, i will drag you to the theater my self!
    smiles,
    gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miranda and Charlotte for me. Gorgeous picks. They are spot on.

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in Michigan, actually, and I FINALLY set a girls night out to go see it this week. I will let you know how awesome I thought it was then :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! Love all the things you picked!!
    velvetcupcakeskvf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe I've never seen Sex And The City definately during summer i'll have to watch a series

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Annie, you did a great job on this. The collection you put together is so spot on in relation to their styles.

    I, probably would be a Charlotte, if I could afford her wardrobe.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all fabulous = dead on!
    I haven't seen it yet either, I was surprised by the bad reviews this morning but that won't shy me away...How can a movie with this much fashion be bad?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think i'm a mix of carrie and charlotte!!! both soo fabulous!! love this post annie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Annie...
    After Lost this is another one of my favourite shows*now the only one left here is Desperate Housewives* and I absolutely adore Carrie for her super sexy ways...
    The pics here aptly describe their style statements and you’ve co-ordinated them so well with your own representations :-)
    Keep up the stylish streak :-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...