Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Clothes Pin Wall Display

Today's tutorial is super easy, but so so cute and unique. I've been searching for a way to display some of my non-4x6 photos that's a bit more interesting than a plain bulletin board. While at the craft store the other day, I came across some clothes pins and was instantly inspired!



What you'll need:

  • 5 clothespins
  • 5 feet of yarn
  • 5 photos or other display items
  • 2 3M hooks


Steps

  • Slip the yarn through the center spring of one of the clothespins (as shown). You'll want to start in the center, so place the clothespin 2 1/2 feet into the yarn.

  • Tie knots on each side of the clothespin to keep it in place.
  • Do the same with the rest of the clothespins, spreading them out evenly, and leaving about 6 inches on the outside of the end clothespins.
  • Tie the ends to your 3M hooks (which should be placed just under 5 feet away from each other)

  • Attach your photos or other goodies and enjoy the view!

8 comments :

  1. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, this is a great idea. I am going to try making these as a project with some little girls. They can even paint the clothes pins and make a cool bulletin swing for their bedrooms. Thanks so much for the crafty inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I have a similar photo cord in my office (although mine has little clips from Ikea - your clothespins are much cuter!). I love that it's easy to change up and so it evolves constantly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this idea. all i need now is some film for my polaroid!

    http://nectarcrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are super cute! I think it was Beautiful Mess who had a tutorial about using clothes pins to hang up a hat collection!

    Love and Turtledoves,
    Jaco

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are so creative! i luv it!
    smiles,
    gina
    http://hiyaluv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Annie!

    I do a similar thing with my photos too. It's really fun to do....another idea is to paint or illustrate the wooden pegs for more colour.

    Wishing you a fab week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so do-able n yet classy cute...
    Thanks for the brilliant idea Annie:-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...