Thursday, April 15, 2010

Swaddled in Awareness

April is Autism Awareness Month, so I've been searching the depths of the Etsy-verse for shops that donate profits to Autism awareness. So far, I've found a couple - one of my favorites is Swaddled in Awareness.



This shop actually donates to several different causes, at the request of the buyer. She also sells products that are made specially for children with Autism or other special needs.



Most of the items can also be personalized to the specific child - so cute!



I really think it's great to see Etsy sellers and other small business owners raising funds and awareness for causes they feel passionate about. If you're passionate about a certain cause, I encourage you to follow in the footsteps of shops like Swaddled in Awareness, or at least support these types of shops.

4 comments :

  1. Aww I love it! I work with disabled kids, most of them with autism so I really love raising awareness! Great post

    Lauren

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww these stuffed animals are so cute and for such a good cause. i love it

    Anna Katrina
    http://www.passportglamour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving your adorable creations! so happy to have found your blog. you post such inspiring and fun things, i can't wait to stop back again :)
    best wishes to you!
    juliette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh cool, I love toys/clothes that raise awareness, I think that works better than just out and out campaigns, it's more subtle. And these are cute!

    Have a fabulous day, and if you haven't had a chance yet, pop on by and check out my Catherine Deneuve giveaway! XO!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...