Friday, April 9, 2010

Look at my new (old) sewing machine!

Hey, dudes! I hope Friday is treating you well. Today I'm trying something a little bit different for Vintage Finds Friday. I'm showing off one of my own vintage treasures. I'm thinking about making this a more regular occurrence on this blog (mixed in with vintage treasures from fellow Etsians, of course).

Now onto my awesome sewing machine! (Sorry for the awful quality of the photos - it's being stored in a garage for the moment)


Okay, so it's a little rough right now, but there's a lot of potential there. This is one of those great pieces that can serve a few different purposes in a room - desk, table, neat vintage conversation starter, actual sewing machine (though it is clearly not in working order at the moment).



This piece was left at a house my uncle moved into. I scooped it up before anyone else could say "oh, that's cute." Currently, it's being stored in my parents' garage because I unfortunately have nowhere to put it. But one day I will make room and I will restore this beautiful piece of furniture/machinery to its former glory and it will be wonderful!



Unfortunately, I really haven't had much time to research this type of sewing machine. I haven't seen a brand name on anything, but if this looks familiar to you, or if you have any information on this type of sewing machine, I'd love to hear it! 

Also, let me know if you have any favorite vintage treasures! You can even send me an email with some photos and a short description if you'd like them to be featured on my blog. 

5 comments :

  1. love this post!! and yay for sewing machines!! i <3 them! they are the gift that keeps on giving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I love vintage sewing machines - they have such a grace and always look so good. I'm loving the desk yours comes with too.

    My vintage sewing machines a 1936 Singer and I totally adore her - http://twenty-something-sherbet.blogspot.com/2009/09/vintage-singer.html

    She's my princess and I love her too prices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great treasure you have there!

    xx Love & Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I just love old sewing machines. It's a treasure indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks just like the one I inherited from my grandmother!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...