Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Creative Slump

Hi, friends. I'm feeling a bit 'blah' lately. I know everyone goes through these funks every now and again, so I'm sure you all know exactly what I'm talking about. I'm feeling so uninspired right now. Nothing is catching my eye, and I feel like I have no time to really create anything.

What helps you when you're in a creative slump? How do you stay inspired on a day to day basis?

In addition, if any of you have artwork or anything creative you'd like to share with me, please send me an email. I'd love to take a look.

I hope you're all having a good Thursday!

6 comments :

  1. When I get in that funk I first take a day off & spend it thrifting or flipping through magazines & art books, taking a walk in the park...anything that typically inspires me. & then I get back to work. Doesn't matter what I make as long as I'm using my hands & even if it turns out craptastically! Creativity usually sets back in soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you could find a great spot somewhere, at a cafe or out in the country - whatever inspires you or takes you out of your comfort zone - grab a notebook, a pencil, and just start sketching whatever comes to mind. You may even surprise yourself at what direction your work takes you!

    Good luck -- I hate creative block!

    Thank you for the kind words on my store launch today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My best advice is to take a break from it. After a few days of relaxing and enjoying live it will all start bubbling to the surface.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. by the way, that was supposed to be relaxing and enoying life... where's the edit button....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Annie,
    I start reading a book -something i've wanted to read but had not had the time before.
    Also, I get a few of my craft/sewing books and magazines out and enjoy looking thru them. All those beautiful ideas of others never fail to inspire me.
    Hope you are feeling wonderful and back to your creative self again very soon!
    Hugs,
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are wonderful suggestions. Thank you all so much!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...