Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Bird Collage

Happy Tutorial Tuesday, folks! This week I tried a project I've never done before - a neat mixed-media project. I think you're really going to like it!



What you'll need:

  • scrapbook paper
  • a record frame
  • glue
  • a pencil 
  • an old book OR newspaper OR magazine



Steps:

  • find a silhouette of a bird (or anything else) that you'd like to use and LIGHTLY trace it onto the scrapbook paper (I drew mine freehand - you can use the photos I have here for inspiration or just google photos)

  • tear up little pieces of the book/magazine/newspaper pages, whichever you decide to use (I used an old book)

  • glue the pages inside the outline you drew - it's easiest to start in the middle with larger pieces and then tear smaller pieces as you get to the outside
  • let it dry and frame it



Note: the book I used is vintage and is already missing some pages, so no readable books were harmed in the making of this project. Promise.

6 comments :

  1. Annie, this is a great idea. Thanks for passing it on. I am always looking for crafting ideas to use with a Mom and daughter who come craft with me about once a month. Was looking at similar frames here at the house, considering taking them to thrift shop... whoa no, can recycle them right here at home. May use some fabric scraps left over from our sewing projects though instead of book pages. Though, the pages from a non-readable book are a wonderful way to salvage those pages and bring them back to the light of day. Cheers, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie! Great blog! I love that bird (and glad to hear that no books were harmed in the process!). Also checked out your paper bangles tutorial, that's so cool, I got a bracelet like that as a Christmas gift, it's so neat, a huge bangle covered with little quotes and photos from magazines, very cool! Thanks for following me, of course I'm following you! Can't wait to see more! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww this is a great tutorial Annie! Your soo crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so simple and sweet! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...