If you've been to my Etsy shop, you might have noticed that I have a few pairs of earrings that are made to look like balls of yarn. (examples: here, here and here). How do I get them to look like balls of yarn? Well... they are balls of yarn. That means this tutorial is pretty straightforward and easy to do. So let's get started!
What You'll Need
- Earring posts
- Hot glue gun
- Take one end of the yarn and tie a few knots in it. The knots should be over one another so they make one larger knot.
- Begin to wrap the yarn around the knot
- Glue into place each time you wrap around once. The glue should all be on one side of the yarn ball, so that the other side is clean looking.
- Once you've made it the size you want, cut the end of the yarn
- Glue the ball of yarn to the earring post. Make sure to apply the glue on the same side as you did when you were wrapping the yarn.
That's really all there is to it. I love this project because it's a fun and quirky way to show off your love of knitting without actually, well, knitting anything.
I hope you are all having a good week!