Friday, March 5, 2010

Tip of My Hat

For as long as I can remember, I've loved old hats from the '40's and '50's. It doesn't get more classic and glamorous than a good old fashioned pill box hat with some netting and maybe a flower or other feminine embellishment. My grandma used to wear these, and when I see pictures of her in them, I know that I was born in the wrong decade.

Cream Pillbox Hat With Black Feathers by charcoaldesigns ($19.99)

This lovely wool hat is just about perfect. I love the contrast between the colors, and the feathers add so much flare and style. Love Love Love.




Mustard Fascinator Hat from SpunSugarVintage ($29)

Oh, how I love yellow (if you couldn't tell...). The color if this hat is so vibrant and amazing. It would look fantastic with a little black dress. 




Red Velvet Pill Box Hat from MatildaFairDesigns ($32)

Speaking of colors I love... Every girl needs some great red accessories. And it really doesn't get much classier than this red velvet beauty.




Vintage Beret by nocarnations ($15)

This one is a different style, but still incredibly classy and beautiful. The brown, cream, and teal colors go together so well, and the netting adds some elegance.




Spring Bouquet Net Hat from clevernettle ($30)

I really hope this spring weather is here to stay, because I just love floral accessories like this pink flowered hat. It really doesn't get more feminine than this.




Birds of a Feather Pill Box Hat from bombshellbettysvint ($28)

Another really feminine accent I love is feathers. This hat is covered in them, but it's subtle enough so you don't look like you have Big Bird on your head. 




Black Sequined Hat from WhimsicalRetroStyle ($27)

Black. Sequins. Satin. Netting. Do I really need to say any more?



I want all of them! What vintage items are you wishing for this weekend?

7 comments :

  1. They're all so lovely, I especially love the first two.
    Thanks for featuring my hat - I just bought 4 more for the store yesterday.
    Your blog is very fun, I enjoyed reading it.
    Thanx doll
    xxoo Bettie

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/bombshellbettiesvint

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! The mustard yellow one is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those hats are adorable, just like you ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty hats.. I wish I could wear hats.. but my head is so large! Must be all the brains in there.. ha ha.. Really, when I try on a hat, it never fits!!

    xx Love & Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you - I love hats! This weekend I'm longing for a vintage sundress, an old quilt, and a picnic set to take to the park. Oh, and 75 degree weather, too. That would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're all so lovely, great finds! I'm really into netting right now too. Thanks for the shout out! -charcoaldesigns

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much Annie! Great post - I absolutely love the mustard fascinator...just gorgeous!!
    ~whimsicalretrostyle

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...