Thursday, March 11, 2010

Shop Local: Chicago

People seemed to like my last Shop Local feature (spotlight on Detroit), so I guess I'll keep it going this week with my second home: Chicago.

I went to college in Chicago so I lived there for about 3 1/2 out of the last 4 years. I absolutely love it and would like to move back there one day. During my time there, I got to know the awesome creative community in the windy city. It is absolutely fantastic.

All of the items featured in this post are from Etsy sellers from the Chicago area. So if you're a resident of the second city or you just want to support Chicagoland artists, take a peek at their shops.

Osage Orange Studio



I love all the hand-knotted beaded jewelry from Osage Orange Studio. It's so simple but so funky at the same time. She has a really great variety of colors, so you're pretty much guaranteed to find a necklace that will stand out with any outfit.








Toasty Knits



This shop has so many cool knit items, and by cool I obviously mean toasty. They all look so warm and comfy. It makes me almost kind of miss December so I can walk around outside with some mittens and a hot chocolate. The key word in that sentence was "almost."








Girl Savage


"Feltidermy" is a term you probably haven't heard much before, but I'm sure you can imagine that it's pretty neat. I much prefer it to actual taxidermy, and Girl Savage does a really good job with it. I love all the felt animal creations. I'll definitely be keeping this seller in mind the next time I get a baby shower or kid's birthday party invitation.






PLYtextiles


I love all the home decor items from PLYtextiles. Everything is so unique and stylish. There are some very funky items but everything still manages to look sophisticated. I'm adding everything to my wishlist stat.








VerreEncore


This shop has a lot of cool jewelry with unique pendants and pretty little settings. I love the colorful pieces and the classic silver chains and such. 








Prairie Garden


Every artist and crafter needs a place to record their crafts or their thoughts. Prairie Garden sells some really neat handmade journals that would be perfect. There are several different designs and colors to choose from. There's something perfect for every creative soul.








Day View


This shop is full of really beautiful photos. There are some really great finds in this shop that would look sweet (pun intended) displayed in a kitchen. There are also some springy outdoor photos that I really love.







There are tons of other shops from Chicago dwellers on Etsy. These are just a few that caught my eye. I'm sure I'll be keeping this "Shop Local" feature going for awhile (still looking for a more clever name). And I'm looking for suggestions for where to go next time!

8 comments :

  1. I love your shop local posts - it's such a great idea. Everything here is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Articles and photographs are very interesting. We lived far away in Indonesia, so can not get the product. We are interested in knitting that looks cool so warm and comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful collection Annie!

    Thank you so much for including my journals. I am thrilled to be a part of the group above.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute blog! Inspiring stuff! Love those hedgehog hand warmers!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my what pretty patterns on the ply textiles pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found this blog through my sister. She owns DayView which you featured here. Great to see her getting some recognition for her hard work! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...