Thursday, March 4, 2010

Proud to be Nerdy

Okay, I'll admit it - I'm a nerd. I'm also a geek, dweeb, whatever else you want to call it. I've dressed up for every Harry Potter book and movie release since 2005, and I have memorized a few too many digits of pi. So I get pretty excited when I see other nerdy crafty people making things to celebrate their nerdiness.

That's why I love these Nerd Merit Badges. They celebrate great accomplishments that only a true nerd would be proud of. Here are a few of them that I really enjoy.

Homonyms: correctly spell words that sound the same.


Super Mayor: hold down ten mayorships at once in Foursquare.


Been Boinged: have a project mentioned on the big blog.


Family Help Desk: provide hardware and software assistance to extended family members.


Do you qualify for any of these? I'd definitely get the homonyms one. What other badges would you like to see?

P.S. If you like these, go to their website (linked above) or follow them on twitter: @nerdmeritbadges

1 comment :

  1. So cool! They play to the Brownie in me :) It's hard to resist the urge to fashion a sash of these bad boys and wear it in public. Geeks, unite :)

    Oh, mine would be homonyms for sure (subject of my blog post today, actually!), family tech support (though I wish I could give this one back sometimes lol) and Open Source for sure. Is it just me or are there way too many Four Square badges? Where's my badge for beta testing MMORPGs?

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...