Friday, March 19, 2010

Pack Your Bags

Alright, people, it's springtime. That means it's time to dust yourself off from your winter hibernations and get moving. I hope you have some trips planned for this spring/summer. I'll be going to Chicago in May and possibly the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for a few days. I love vacations!

I'm not a huge fan of packing, necessarily, but these vintage suitcases have me more excited than ever to spread my travel wings this summer. Maybe you'll find something that does the same for you?


Blue Travel Case from OpheliaVintage ($44.95)





Amelia Earhart Suitcase from RetroDaisyGirl ($12)




Mustard Yellow Suitcase by AlpenglowVintage ($52)





Round Hat Box from SuzisCornerBoutique ($49)






Doris Day 1950's adVintagous ($35)






Retro Flower Print Suitcase from ShaneLilyRain ($15)



I'm trying to figure out which one of these lovelies would be best to take with me to Chicago. Do you have a favorite piece of luggage? Oh, and if you're planning an exciting trip for this summer, please tell me all about it so that I can live vicariously through you. Thanks.

3 comments :

  1. I love the first one! The blue one! Cautionary advice though, if your suitcase weighs more than 50 lbs it costs bucko bucks to fly with it. Some airlines only let you take one suitcase for free. Look it up online to see what their limitations are. Some of these might be pretty heavy... but the look quite durable! And quite cute. Anything white or light are going to get dirty real easy if you travel a lot.

    This summer I might head out to NY! It's not final yet. As for now I am living in Peru with my husband for an internship! Woo woo! It's been quite the adventure.

    Much love,
    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Peru and NY - I'm so jealous. Have fun! And thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love vintage suitcases!
    Your work is so nice,
    greetz!
    see you soon.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...