Monday, March 1, 2010

I have a pen pal!

I love the internet. I think it makes keeping in touch with friends (and meeting new ones) so much easier. But there's something about snail mail that I will always love. I'm not sure if it's the fact that you get something tangible to hold onto or if I just like finding things in my mailbox with my name on them (I also enjoy stamps, but that's another story).




Sending and receiving letters is just a really cool process that the internet just can't compare to. So when I saw this post over at Indie Fixx, it brought an instant smile to my face.



I now have a pen pal named Amy. She is lovely, and I already received my first letter from her on some adorable stationary. I'm about to send her a letter back, and I'm really looking forward to talking with her about art, music, and life in general.


If any of you are looking for a penpal, visit Indie Fixx's post (linked above) and leave a comment or find a commenter and send them an email. Happy letter writing!

6 comments :

  1. We used get pen pal's in school. I remember mine was from Japan, it was so SO cool talking back and forth about what life was like for us. I had forgotten the thrill of it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I used to write to a woman in a nursing home, and that was really fun. My pen pal now is from Taiwan, but she lives in Cali. It's so neat to talk to someone so different that you wouldn't normally have met.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the idea of a pen pal but I don't know if I'll be able to keep up - thanks for the info and link

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I've been crazy about snail mail lately (actually, I suppose I've ALWAYS been crazy about snail mail). A pen pal sounds like just the ticket :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh! How wonderfu! I love the idea of having a penpal. I recently moved to Peru and don't speak the language well.... so this could lift my spirits! :) Thanks for sharing this.

    Rachael
    itssimplelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snail mail is the best.. and wow pen pals!! awesome.. I haven't had one since elementary.. and that seems like eons ago.. ha ha, well not really.. but a long time ago for sure.. man, I want a pen pal now.

    xx Love & Aloha

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...