Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy Guinness Day!

I'm not really into holidays like St. Patrick's Day. It's fine that everyone likes an excuse to drink some beer. That's cool with me. But let's call it what it is - an excuse to drink beer. I don't appreciate being pinched for not wearing green. It's not really my color.

However, I am currently in LOVE with this coat. Maybe it comes in gray?



So anyway, I hope everyone has a good day and drinks some Guinness. Or just celebrate however you like!

3 comments :

  1. Mmmm Guinness.. must get me some after work :)

    xx Love & Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  2. the coat is really good..
    kisses
    sinner diamond

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you that people celebrate St. Patrick's Day with too much alcohol, but it actually is a day with a rich religious history. Though that it's celebrated by non-Catholics everywhere, for many people in Ireland, it's still a religious feast day celebrated to honor the Catholic Patron Saint of Ireland and has been celebrated for over 1,000 years. In Ireland today, for Catholics and the Church of Ireland both, St. Patrick's feast day is considered a solemn and holy day of obligation (and if it falls during Holy Week, it is observed on a different day.) For a 1,500-year-old saint, it's worth a nod, a thanks and a pint. To each their own on the subject, but I wanted to share a different perspective :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...