So for today's birthday edition of Tutorial Tuesday, I'm making a super easy felt crown/tiara - because every birthday girl deserves to feel like a princess, right? (even the ones who are turning 22...)
What you'll need
- an 8" x 4" piece of felt (any color)
- 2 pipe cleaners (or possibly 3 if you're making this for an adult-sized head)
- a hot glue gun
- First you'll want to fold the felt in half (the long way - or so it measures 8x2 when folded) and cut triangles out of the top as shown. It should work best to have three points at the top, but you can make it however you like :)
- Then you'll glue the two sides of the felt together by lining up the points. Do not glue the middle where it is folded.
- Attach the two (or three) pipe cleaners to each other end to end, and slide them through the center of the crown.
- Twist it together in the back and enjoy!