Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Birthday Crown

Good morning blog friends! Today is March 2, which may not mean anything to you, but it does to me! ...Today is my birthday! I'm 22, which isn't really that exciting. I don't feel any different than I did yesterday (but that's usually how it goes). 22 does sound a lot older than 21 though, and that got me wishing for some good old fashioned kids' birthday crafts.

So for today's birthday edition of Tutorial Tuesday, I'm making a super easy felt crown/tiara - because every birthday girl deserves to feel like a princess, right? (even the ones who are turning 22...)



What you'll need

  • an 8" x 4" piece of felt (any color)
  • 2 pipe cleaners (or possibly 3 if you're making this for an adult-sized head)
  • scissors
  • a hot glue gun



Steps

  • First you'll want to fold the felt in half (the long way - or so it measures 8x2 when folded) and cut triangles out of the top as shown. It should work best to have three points at the top, but you can make it however you like :)
  • Then you'll glue the two sides of the felt together by lining up the points. Do not glue the middle where it is folded.

  • Attach the two (or three) pipe cleaners to each other end to end, and slide them through the center of the crown.
  • Twist it together in the back and enjoy!

4 comments :

  1. happy birthday! 22 is a nice even number. I hope you have many joyful days and may your dreams come true

    does it sound lame? I'm not very good at birthday greetings but I hope you have a wonderful birthday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy happy birthday!! I hope it's been an awesome one.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...