Friday, February 26, 2010

Time for Tea

I'm back for another Vintage Finds Friday. If you know me at all, you know that I'm a little obsessed with tea. I drink AT LEAST one cup every single day (usually more), and I'm always trying new varieties and talking to people about what kind of tea they drink. But lately I've added a new tea-related obsession to my repertoire: vintage tea sets. I don't currently own one. I have a few random cups here and there, but one day I'd like to have a respectable collection. Here are some on the market right now that are worth a look.

Silver Plated Teapot from AestheticsAndOldLace ($60)

It's all in the details for this beautiful teapot. It's so elegant and classic at the same time. It's the perfect accent for special tea-related occasions!





Chinese Teapot Pair from lilorphanannie ($7.50)

This decorative two piece tea set is a very classic style with blue and white painted accents. Both pieces are in great condition, and I just love the colors!




Elephant Tea Pot and Creamer from Swoonshop ($18)

These pieces are so unique. I don't know about you, but I've never seen an elephant tea set before. So if you have these lovely pieces in your home, they're sure to get noticed.





Hand-Painted Floral Tea Set from lovesitwantsit ($35)

I really love the deep brown color of this set. And the floral design gives it character and adds a lot of interest.




Piano Teapot by MorningGloryVintage ($5)

This one is so kitschy and fun. If you happen to collect teapots or just funny little knick knacks, I think this needs to be in your collection ASAP.




Handpainted Miniature Teapot from CollectorsHaven ($22)

This one is definitely a more classic style. The blue, yellow, and pink accents are so beautiful and this teapot just reminds me so much of spring (speaking of... where is that little devil?).





Tea Set for Four from JungleSupply ($16.50)

This set is definitely less classic, but still pretty cool. The colors are neat and it is a necessary addition to any '70's themed tea party. ...Hmm, I've never been to one of those, but I think I'd enjoy that.




Porcelain Tea Set from OldVintageAntiques ($55)

But if you do decide to go with a more elegant approach to your tea party, this silver art deco set might be up for the job. It's so very classy and shiny!




I hope you enjoyed that as much as I did. Next Friday I'll be collecting hats, so you'll have to check back to see what kind I'll focus on. Til next time!



4 comments :

  1. these are so cute! I use a little owl teapot I got a few years back from anthropologie... but I really like these vintage styles :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. An owl would be so cute! I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, Annie, and thanks for featuring our little piano. All of them are so pretty and I like what you write about them.
    Could we have a cup of virtual tea together? Do you have a favorite flavor? I'll brew. I usually have at least 2 cups a day!
    Brenda of MorningGloryVintage

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, picking a favorite is tough. Mine usually changes every week. Right now I love ginger and vanilla thai.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note! I love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...